Wildlife Control, Trapping, Nuisance Animal Removal and Pest Control Services In Ohio
Call 440-236-8114 day or night to schedule an inspection and to talk with a licensed and certified wildlife control expert. CWR pest control technicians are experts at raccoon, bat, skunk, squirrel, bird and mice trapping, removal and prevention in Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland, Ohio.
We solve nuisance animal problems and wildlife issues. The Cottom’s Wildlife Removal and Environment Services company (CWR) has been trapping, removing and relocating nuisance wildlife from homes, businesses and buildings in Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Canton, Cincinnati, Dayton, Toledo, Youngstown, Marietta, Portsmouth, Ashtabula and other cities in Ohio since 1986. Call CWR for more information. Rates start at $95.
- Call 440-236-8114 For Service In Northern Ohio Cities
- Call 614-300-2763 For Service In Central Ohio Cities
- Call 513-808-9530 For Service In Southern Ohio Cities
Complete The Form Below To Request More Information
Our company is one of the most respected and trusted nuisance wildlife control operators and wildlife management firms in Ohio. Prices to remove a trapped animal start at $95.
Cottom’s Wildlife Removal provides practical solutions for homeowners that seek to live in harmony with wildlife. We provide pragmatic solutions to homeowners that have wildlife problems in their backyard or home. First we determine what type of animal is causing the problem. Then we humanely prevent future conflicts.
Professional Wildlife Removal, Wild Animal Trapping, Pest Control And Rodent Infestation Prevention Services For Ohio Residents And Businesses Since 1986
Cottom’s Wildlife Removal and Environmental Services is a full-service wildlife removal, pest control and damage repair company serving the needs of residents of Cleveland other cities in Northern, Central and Southern Ohio. The company is licensed by the state of Ohio and is fully insured.
- CWR Wildlife Control Technicians Use Humane And Ethical Eviction/Exclusion Techniques Such As One-Way Doors And Hands-On Processes To Remove Animals And Birds From Houses, Attics And Other Structures
- CWR Gets Raccoons Out Of Attics, Yards, Chimneys, Garages, Walls, From Under Decks And Out Of Garbage Cans For Ohio Homeowners And Businesses
Wildlife Removal, Trapping And Prevention Company Serving Cleveland And Other Northern Ohio Homeowners And Property Owners – Founded In 1986 By Mike Cottom Sr. In Columbia Station Ohio
Hire A Local Professional To Get Wildlife Out Of Your House Or Off Your Property
If you live in Ohio, the Cottom’s Wildlife Removal company (440-236-8114) is a better choice than trying to remove wildlife and animals yourself. CWR is a reliable and experienced company that gets rid of animals, squirrels, raccoons, bats, skunks, birds and bats through the use of live traps and a wide array of rodent excluders and one-way exit doors.
Who Do You Call To Trap A Skunk In Ohio?
CWR’s Ohio wildlife removal experts get skunks, opossums, woodchucks and groundhogs out from under houses and out of yards in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Athens, Dayton, Youngstown and Cincinnati, Ohio.
If you want to find out how to get rid of a skunk on your property in Ohio as quickly as possible and how much it costs to have skunks removed, call 440-236-8114 in Cleveland, 614-300-2763 in Columbus or 513-808-9530 in Cincinnati. The Cottom’s Wildlife Removal company is one of the best skunk trapping and removal services in Ohio.
If you are alarmed that you saw a skunk around your home or yard – or soil that has been dug up, call a local CWR office in Ohio 24/7 to schedule our professional skunk trapping and control services and we will get rid of them. We can also install shed and deck barriers, skunk proof fences, skunk exclusion barriers and animal proof deck skirting to keep skunks away.
CWR Ohio wildlife removal experts get skunks, opossums, woodchucks and groundhogs out from under houses, sheds, porches and out of yards. We know how to get rid of skunks by using live cage traps.
Our proactive skunk removal professionals easily seal openings under stairs, decks, sheds and porches with aluminum flashing, concrete, wire mesh and sheet metal to “exclude” skunks to keep them from denning and living under our client’s structures. We can also install “skunk fencing” to prevent unpleasant “skunk situations.” CWR wildlife experts get groundhogs out of gardens, yards and holes.
DIY Skunk Removal In Ohio
Find out how to remove the smell of skunk spray, here. Learn how to get rid of skunk odor, here. Get tips on removing skunk smell from your house, here. Find out how to remove skunk smell from a dog, here. Find out the best way to get rid of skunks from your garden, here. Find out how to get rid of skunks permanently, here.
However, you many want to consider that the quickest and easiest way to remove a skunk or exclude it from your yard in Ohio is to hire the Cottom’s Wildlife Removal company to do it for you. The cost of skunk trapping in Ohio is not that expensive.
In Ohio, contacting CWR to get rid of a skunk is a better option than shooting and killing a skunk in your yard. Read the Ohio Administrative Code, Rule 1501:31-15-03 about killing skunks, here.
In Ohio, it is illegal to fail to euthanize, or release on site, any nuisance skunk that is captured, trapped or taken. It is also illegal to take a skunk with the use of dogs outside of a structure during the closed season.
Costs To Trap And Remove Skunks, Opossums And Groundhogs In Ohio
- The cost to remove a skunk, opossum, groundhog or woodchuck that has been trapped by a homeowner starts at $95. This rate is for on-site visits that are within 40 miles of the CRW company headquarters in Columbia Station, Ohio. Different rates will apply based on the distance a CRW pest control technician will need to travel.
- If a skunk, opossum or groundhog needs to be trapped by CWR, an on-site inspection costs start at $239. This fee will be applied to the total cost.
CWR Gets Rid Of Starlings In Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Toledo, Youngstown And Marietta Ohio
What Are People Saying About Cottom’s Wildlife Removal?
- Read Reviews From Our Wildlife Removal Customers On Google
- Visit Facebook To Read Wildlife Removal Reviews
- Visit Angi To Read Animal Control Reviews
- Check Out HomeAdvisor For Reviews Of The Cottom’s Wildlife Removal Company
- Visit YouTube To Watch Pest Control Videos
If you want to find out how much does raccoon removal, raccoon trapping or raccoon control cost or how you permanently get rid of raccoons in Cleveland, Ohio, call 440-236-8114.
Cleveland Wildlife Removal Experts
- CWR Wildlife Experts Get Squirrels Out Of Attics, Yards, Chimneys, Soffits, Roofs, Sheds And Gardens For Ohio Residents
- The CWR Company Traps And Get Rid Of Skunks, Opossums And Groundhogs Out From Under Decks, Porches, Sheds, Patios And In Yards For Ohio Homeowners
- Safe And Effective Commercial And Residential Nuisance Wildlife Removal And Wild Animal Trapping Services In Ohio
- CWR Pest Control Technicians Remove Rodents From Attics, Basements And Walls In Homes In Ohio
- Damage Repair Services For Roofs, Attics, Vents, Soffits, Eves And Chimneys
- Animal Feces Removal, Bird Dropping Removal, Bat Guano Removal And Wildlife Waste Cleanup Services In Ohio
- Mice, Rat And Rodent Removal And Extermination Services In Ohio
- Attic Repair, Sanitizing, Decontamination And Restoration Services For Ohio Homeowners
- Wildlife Removal, Animal, Bat, Bird And Pest Control Services In Ohio From $95+
- Bat Exclusion And Bat Proofing For Ohio Homes From $1,495+
- Animal Exclusion, Animal Proofing And Wildlife Infestation Prevention Services In Ohio
- Insulation Removal And Replacement Services For Ohio Homeowners
Ohio Animal Removal, Pest Control, Wildlife Trapping Rates From $95+
We are licensed, bonded and insured to provide the following services. We provide professional animal and pest control services to prevent and correct problems in urban and suburban environments caused by undomesticated animals living in the wild. Wildlife continuously encroaches onto, and into, human communities and buildings. We provide professional critter catching services for Ohio residents. Our trained technicians provide professional wildlife and nuisance animal control, relocation and management services for the cities of Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and Akron. Mike Cottom Sr. and his son, Mike Cottom Jr. are two of the best nuisance trappers in Ohio.
Even coyotes are becoming a nuisance animal in Cleveland and Akron suburbs such as Pepper Pike, Berea, Lakewood, Olmsted Falls and Brook Park. In late 2017, a coyote killed a pet dog in Lakewood. We protect citizens in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio from mammals and bats that have rabies. Rabies is a virus that affects the nervous system of humans and other mammals, resulting in a fatal disease. In 2017, raccoons in Stark County tested positive for rabies. In 2016, a bat with rabies bit an Ohio woman. If you suspect that a raccoon or other animal in the vicinity of your home has rabies, please call Cottom’s Wildlife Removal right away. This is a dangerous disease and all precautions should be implemented.
We provide professional nuisance animal trapping and wildlife removal services, pest control, critter catching, animal removal, raccoon removal, wildlife transplanting, bird and bat removal services. We do not provide free raccoon removal services and are not affiliated with the City of Cleveland Pest Control or Cleveland’s Division of Animal Care and Control. We are not affiliated with Critter Control or Ace Wildlife Services. Many of our satisfied customers think we are the best raccoon removal company in Cleveland and Akron.
Contact Our Wildlife Removal And Animal Control Company
- Call us at 440-236-8114
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule work to be done
- Request an estimate
- Schedule an inspection
Our Wildlife, Trapping And Odor Removal Services Include:
- Raccoon Removal and Control
- Removal and Control of Critters, Squirrels, Groundhogs, Skunks, Birds, Bats, Rodents, Chipmunks, Snakes, Varmints and Mice
- Bat Removal
- Squirrel Removal
- Bird Control and Removal
- Wildlife Control
- Capturing Wildlife and Animals
- Transporting a variety of mammals from one location to another before releasing the critter
- Wildlife Translocation
- Installing new insulation
- Removing damaged and soiled insulation along with biohazards
- Repairs to siding and roofs from animal damage
- Trap and remove wildlife from homes and businesses
- Chimney capping
- Deck screening and exclusion
- Rodent control and whole house exclusion to seal out rodents
- Bird and bat removal from homes and businesses
- Watch our video titled “How to Remove Raccoons in Your Attic in Cleveland, Ohio” on YouTube.
The Cottom’s Wildlife Removal Company Knows How To Permanently Get Rid Of Woodpeckers In Ohio
Woodpecker Removal, Woodpecker Deterrent, Woodpecker Repellent, Woodpecker Management, Woodpecker Control And Woodpecker Trapping Services Near Cleveland, Columbus And Cincinnati For Ohio Homeowners
CWR is an Ohio bird removal and bird next removal company that also removes feces and sanitizes infected areas. Cottom’s Wildlife Removal provides bird removal, control, exclusion, cleanup, decontamination and damage repair services in Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo and Cincinnati, Ohio. Our bird control specialists remove and clean up animal and bird waste and feces from homes and businesses in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and other cities in Ohio. We provide environmental, disinfecting, sanitizing and decontamination services.
If your house has caught the attention of woodpeckers, they may be looking for insects or a place to nest. Woodpeckers can damage wood siding and soffits on structures. These birds normally forage for insect prey on the trunks and branches of trees. Woodpeckers are adored visitors to our backyards. While woodpeckers may be nice to watch, they cause damage to your homes and trees so it is important to know how to get rid of woodpeckers.
If you are looking for woodpecker removal services in Cleveland, woodpecker control services in Cincinnati, woodpecker removal services in Toledo or woodpecker pest control near you in Columbus, contact Cottom’s Wildlife Removal company to permanently get rid of woodpeckers and to stop woodpeckers from pecking at your house or making holes in your cedar siding. If you want to effectively prevent woodpecker damage, call 440-236-8114.
CWR bird control specialists provide permanents solutions by installing safe and reliable products such as readymade artificial decoy owls with reflective eyes, woodpecker deterrent netting (3/4″ mesh), plastic woodpecker netting and wire mesh.
Please note that Cottom’s Wildlife Removal company is NOT classified as a “woodpecker exterminator“. There are penalties for killing woodpeckers they have special federal protection. All woodpeckers are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. (MBTA). This law states: “No person may take (kill), possess, import, export, transport, sell, purchase, barter, or offer for sale, any migratory bird, or the parts, nests, or eggs of such bird except as may be permitted under the terms of a valid permit…”
When warranted, woodpeckers can be killed, but only under a depredation permit issued by the Law Enforcement Division of the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). Authorization by the relevant state wildlife agency also may be required before lethal control methods are initiated. Sound justification must be present for the issuance of depredation permits. Hazing woodpeckers does not require a permit. Download the Depredation Permit, here.
Application for a depredation permit for some species of woodpeckers may be an option, but should be considered as a last resort. Proper exclusion, harassment, and monitoring will be necessary to demonstrate that need. Permits will be issued only if non-lethal methods have previously been tried and failed. The applicant must show strong justification (i.e. where significant structural damage has resulted in an economic hardship).
You many need a pest exterminator to get rid of an underlying insect problem because woodpeckers like to peck on houses to feed on insects. Woodpeckers eat carpenter bees, termites, wood-boring beetles, carpenter ants, leafcutter bees and grass bagworms. Woodpeckers also hammer on homes in Ohio to create a nesting cavity, to store food or to attract a mate.
Why Are Woodpeckers Drumming On My Property? [From The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service]
Woodpeckers, sapsuckers, and flickers drum and drill on a variety of surfaces. Siding (aluminum or wood), trim boards, and wood boards on any kind of structure can be appealing to woodpeckers. The resulting damage can appear as simple dents (usually a line) or as large as 2-inch diameter holes. Woodpeckers drum and drill in their search for food, territorial and social displays, and to nest in the cavities created. Sapsuckers drill small holes for sap, while many other woodpeckers drill for woodboring insects such as carpenter bees, leafcutter bees, grass bagworms, etc. Drumming for territory or social reasons will most likely occur in the early spring at the start of the breeding season. Drilling for nest cavities usually occurs in the early spring, although some drilling occurs in the fall.
How Do I Keep Woodpeckers From Damaging My Property? [From The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service]
The best way to stop woodpecker damage to personal property is to begin damage control as soon as you begin hearing drumming and continuing until well after the woodpecker leaves the area. Holes the bird has made should be filled and painted immediately. If a nest is already active, we recommend that control measures be postponed until the young leave the nest permanently, which is usually around midsummer, but can vary depending on the species. Physical exclusion is probably the most effective control method. Installing bird-netting from the outer eaves down the side of the building is typically effective at excluding most woodpeckers.
Other methods include:
• Frightening devices (models of owls and hawks, spinners, windsocks, etc.) can be used, although these devices have inconsistent success.
• Tactile deterrents are sometimes used with marginal success. However, some products can get on feathers and impair the bird’s ability to fly and stay warm.
• Sound deterrents coupled with motion detection are another option. Typically this would involve playing the recording of a woodpecker distress call followed by a raptor call.
• Tying a burlap bag or other heavy fabric around a tree (particularly ornamental trees) can be effective at preventing sapsucker damage.
How To Repel And Deter Woodpeckers To Frighten Them Away
If you want to try to repel woodpeckers with smells and scents, peppermint oil may work. Other DIY ways to get rid of woodpeckers include woodpecker deterrent kits, spraying your house with woodpecker repellents and visual deterrents such as pinwheels, balloons, reflective tape and windsocks.
Because woodpecker damage in Ohio is considered a maintenance issue that is the responsibility of the homeowner, woodpecker damage is probably NOT covered by your home insurance (homeowner’s insurance). Find out more about preventing woodpeckers from damaging your home, here.
Woodpeckers in Ohio are small to medium-sized birds that prey on insect species that dead trees attract and woodpeckers rely on the softening branches and trunks to excavate their nests.
Woodpeckers In Ohio
Common species of woodpeckers that CWR traps, deters, removes and controls in Ohio include Pileated Woodpeckers, Red-Headed Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpeckers, Red-Bellied Woodpeckers, Northern Flickers, Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers, Red-Cockaded Woodpeckers and Hairy Woodpeckers.
The Downy Woodpecker can be found year round in Ohio and this small species of woodpecker the one of the most common types found in Ohio and the United States. They are frequently sighted in the Columbus, Ohio Metro Parks in the winter. They are speckled in black and white and are common visitors to backyard feeders in Ohio.