Animal Waste Removal, Sanitizing And Decontamination Services For Columbus Homeowners | From $299+ | Schedule A Service Visit
Request Animal Waste Cleanup Services By Calling 614-300-2763 Or Complete The Form Below
Rates for a service visit and a home inspection start at $299. Once an inspection has been completed, a written quote will be provided to remove animal waste, raccoon poop, squirrel feces, bat guano, bird droppings, rat feces, mice droppings (pellets) and rodent urine. Cottom’s Wildlife Removal can also give you a quote to trap wildlife, disinfect an attic, decontaminate a house, exclude animals and repair damage.
Attic cleaning and decontamination services are provided to homeowners in Columbus, Ohio. Our waste management technicians remove debris, garbage, junk, soiled insulation, trash and other unwanted items from attics and dispose of the refuse in nearby landfills in Columbus.
Attic Decontamination, Rodent Infestation Cleanup and Rodent Cleanup Services
As the name of our company, Cottom’s Wildlife Removal and Environmental Services, indicates, we remove animals and wildlife from attics. As you would expect, we also provide rodent cleanup services and rodent infestation cleanups. We remove rodent, raccoon, bird, rat and squirrel droppings and feces from attics along with their nesting materials. We use high performance, eco-friendly chemicals and sustainable solutions to disinfect, sanitize and decontaminate infectious rodent waste and attics. The decontamination process also inhibits the growth of dangerous molds in attics. Click here to find out more about the cost of attic decontamination services. We also provide attic restoration services to repair damage caused by animals and birds.
Attic Insulation Removal and Replacement
We remove contaminated and harmful insulation in attics that has been soiled and contaminated by animals and wildlife with urine, feces, bacteria, parasites and fungus. We also replace attic insulation using fiberglass and cellulose insulation, loose fill insulation, spray foam insulation and batt (blanket) insulation.
Cottom’s Wildlife Removal, based in Columbia Station, a suburb of Cleveland provides attic cleanup and decontamination services. We serve homeowners and businesses in Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Cincinnati and other Ohio cities.
- Call us at 614-300-2763 In Columbus Or Central Ohio
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule work to be done
- Request an estimate
- Schedule an inspection
Your Family’s Safety and Health Is Important
Attic and crawl space cleanup and decontamination is important to homeowners, home sellers, property owners and read estate agents for a variety of reasons. Environmental safety, family health, property values, bio-hazard issues, electrical fires, code violations and the prevention of diseases are important reasons to make sure an attic is clean and safe. Removing and replacing insulation is a part of the process as are disinfecting, deodorizing and electrical wire inspections. The removal of nuisance animals and the long-term exclusion of these pests is also part of the equation.
In cases where an animal (s) has entered an attic, home or building, damage has likely occurred. The animals need to be caught and the damage needs to be repaired. Feces, soiled insulation and animal contaminants are always a serious concern and can cause serious health issues for the residents of the structure. Our company is licensed by the Ohio Division of Wildlife and we are insured, bonded and certified by the National Wildlife Control Operators Association.
Mike Cottom’s Wildlife Removal, a father and son team based in Cleveland, Ohio specializes in cleaning and decontaminating attics that have been damaged and infested by raccoons, bats, starlings, pigeons, squirrels, mice and other birds and rodents. We serve Northeast Ohio, Central Ohio, Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Cincinnati and Southern Ohio families and businesses. Homeowners insurance will frequently cover the cost of attic cleanup and decontamination. Call us at 614-300-2763 in Columbus and Central Ohio to get more information about our services or to schedule an attic inspection.
Overview of Attic and Crawl Space Cleanup and Decontamination Process
Step 1 – Phone Consultation and Inspection Scheduling
- Call 614-300-2763 and talk with Mike Cottom or leave your name and phone number.
- When you talk with Mike, please describe the potential problem and the reasons why you believe your attic or building may be infested or needs to cleaned up and/or decontaminated.
- Based on your descriptions, Mike will make an assessment of the likelihood of a problem that needs corrected. If the situation dictates an attic or building inspection would be advisable, a date and time will be scheduled. Inspection appointments are usually scheduled within 1-3 business days.
Step 2 – Home or Building Inspection Service and Estimates
- When our environmental technicians arrive at the residence or building to meet and consult with the home owner, business owner or property owners.
- We then move on to an inspection of the attic interior, roof exterior, home or building sidings and other areas that may have been damaged or entered by nuisance animals. Our trucks are equipped with ladders so that we can perform a full roof inspection if needed.
- The inspection normally takes about 30-45 minutes. Once this service has concluded, we will make a recommendation for trapping, attic cleanup and decontamination, damage repair and insulation removal and replacement.
- In some cases, we can provide an estimate on the spot and in other situations we will prepare an estimate off-site and return it by email, fax, U.S.P.S mail, phone or in person.
- If the estimate is approved by our customer, we schedule a date to perform the work. Work is usually scheduled within 1-2 weeks. Expedited trapping services and attic cleanup and decontamination services can often be scheduled based on the severity of the situation.
Step 3 – Raccoon, Bat, Rodent, Bird and Pest Trapping
- Our highly skilled trappers, led by Mike Cottom Sr., are the best in Northeastern Ohio. We use a positive control method which has been proven to be highly effective in catching raccoons, bats and other nuisance animals. Pest are trapped as they enter or exit the attic or building. This method is much more likely to catch the animal quickly as opposed to setting traps in the yard or on the roof.
- When we arrive to perform the initial stage of trapping, we set traps outside of the entry point in order to catch the animals as they try to exit the structure, often at night. This applies to bats and raccoons as they are nocturnal. In some cases we will install traps inside the attic, but rarely. Traps on the outside of home are usually installed on the roof, soffit or the ground.
- In the cases of raccoons, homeowners or property owners usually will notice when they are caught in the trap because it is visible on the outside of the building. The homeowner or property owner will call us to let us know to stop back to remove the raccoon or animals. We take the animals away in our truck and the traps are reset if necessary.
- In cases of bats or other animals that are being emitted (valved out) from the interior or places that are not viewable, we will return to pick up our equipment and remove the pests after 2-4 weeks because property owners are often unaware if they have been trapped.
- After we catch or exclude the nuisance animals or birds, we permanently seal the entry point and perform the cleanup and decontamination work.
Step 4 – Raccoon, Bat, Bird, Rodent and Pest Exclusion
- Pest entry point repair.
- Home or building inspection and proactive pest security measures.
- Install or replace chimney caps.
- Install animal barriers around houses, decks, sheds and other buildings.
- Install or replace attic vent covers.
Step 5 – Attic Cleanup
- Remove hazardous material such as bat guano, raccoon feces and other pest contaminants.
Remove damaged insulation.
- Spray for fleas, parasites and deodorize attic and wall voids.
Step 6 – Attic Restoration
- Install new insulation add ventilation components such as roof vents and soffit vents.
- Inspect wiring and attic materials and replace and/or repair if needed.
Step 7 – Completion of Project and Payment for Service Rendered
- At the completion of our work, we have a final consultation with our customers to make sure that they are satisfied with the work.
- Recommendations are provided for future prevention of animals and bird invasions and infestation.
Final payments are usually presented to our company representative at the completion of the project.
We are then available on an as needed basis if further problems occur.
Likely Damages and Health Issues From Animal and Bird Infestation
- Damaged insulation
- Roof and structural damage
- Ruined Dry Wall
- Raccoon Roundworm
- Histoplasmosis (disease in bat droppings and bat guano)
- Fires from damaged wiring
Satisfied Clients Include
- Cleveland Browns Stadium
- Northeast Regional Sewer District
- Howard Hanna
- Taco Bell
- Arrow Aluminum
- Cleveland Port Authority
- Cleveland Schools
- Cleveland Steel Mills
- Oberlin CollegeWil-Tel Communications